I recieved this same letter falsely stating that the record with Direct TV shows i have a balance of $164.79, AN ACCOUNT I NEVER HAD!! This must be stopped TODAY!! send your complain to the BBB... https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint or the Federal Trade commission...

I told Mrs. Vallery the supervisor @ ERSolutions that according to DirectTV name doesn't even exist, asked Vallery to provide me with the original documents of the original debt, of course had NONE!!! THEY'RE THIEVES! DON'T WAIT, PLACE your complaint TODAY @ the right places.

Comments

Laredo, Texas, United States #855053

I just received a letter requesting to be paid $640.72, but they will settle for $224.25. I called them and according to them, I owed a credit card I opened in 2004 in a bank in Snyder, Texas.

Never been in that city. The scary part they had all my personal information.

What do I do should I make a police report? Who can help me I'm a senior citizen.

Carrollton, Ohio, United States #655201

now this is bad.... just got a debit collector letter stating that they have sent what I asked for....they sent statements from company that I never dealt with, name has even been changed from one company to RBS, looked like it was done by computer, and sent to WRONG PERSON, IN WRONG STATE.....

:grin

not only that but has a date of 5/16/13 on letter and 5/20/13 on envelope and states that I have 10 days to get back in touch with them....is there a lawyer that will talk to me for class action lawsuit???? :zzz

Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States #645121

Got a call asking for my personal information, yet they couldn't even tell me who they were outsourcing for. THEY hung up on me when I said I wouldn't provide my address or DOB.

Really??? In this day and age of identity theft, I'm supposed to give any personal information to an unknown caller?

Not too bright, Convergence Outsourcing... :?

Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States #639472

I just got some phoney credit collections from this group...I quit DNetwork in Florida, 7 years ago. They never told me I owe them. Today I get this notice...id be glad to be part of a class action!

Kent, Ohio, United States #627814

Received a letter from Convergent Outsourcing, Inc. 3/23/13 from a debt derived in 2001 and included in my Bankruptcy in 2005.

Filed a complaint on 3/24/13 with BBB in Texas and FTC.

I have also written a letter to this phoney-baloney company requesting receipt of my letter and that debt is in fact paid in full.

Sad, but I bet alot of people pay these jokers for fear of having their credit hurt.

They are rude, unprofessional and give no explanation of what's going on, who they are, what the call is in regards to etc..

They will be reported on monday.

I keep getting calls for a person I have never heard of. The calls began in December.

In January, I began answering them...it's always from a female voice identifying herself as Kelly Smith. I spoke to a live person on January 13, 19 on 3/30 & today 4/3 all 2012.

The person said my number was being removed and when I named all the other dates I had been told that, she said that wasn't true and hung up on me. WOW!

YOU ARE ALL LYING BECAUSE I WORK FOR CONVERGENT AND THAT IS NOT HOW THEY RUN THE BUSINESS SO YOU SHOULD JUST PAY YOUR BILL AND STOP COMPLAINING AND IF YOU NEVER USED THE SERVICES BT ITS UNDER YOUR NAME AND SSN THEN FILE A POLICE REPORT YOU IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to YO MAMA Laguna Niguel, California, United States #639457

sory you work for a fraudulent company. i got a letter saying i owed 40-690k - wow!

how can that be when we just bought a house in 2013 - and went through our finances with a fine tooth comb.

Everyone - throw the letter out. move on.

it's a scam of many.

to YO MAMA Carrollton, Ohio, United States #655205

:grin you will probably be looking for another job after we all get together and sue your sorry ***...got proof of how they/you do their job..... and it is funny....why should someone pay what a bill says WHEN YOU IDIOTS DIDN'T, BUT BOUGHT A PORTFOLIO OF DEBITS FOR .03$ ON THE DOLLAR????? :(

to YO MAMA Laredo, Texas, United States #855056

Yes madam I already filed my report. Ripping of people. Get a real job.

Convergent has been known to jack up the bill by switching the numbers around. For instance the actual bill is 42.97 so they send out a claim that the bill is 49.72 so as not to look to suspicious.

That way they can say it was a typo.

But if someone with the authority to look over their records they would find it isn't a typo at all because it's happening on almost all of the claims they make. Time to shut this company down.

I, too, got a letter about a debt to AT&T Mobility Iru Domestic...whatever that means. I checked my ATT bills and there's no bill even in that amount. I think it's a scam.

I cancelled my account with T-Mobile in November and was assured by their finance representative that by paying my final bill I would settle all outstanding debt and not risk bad credit.

Tonight I received a call from Convergent Outsourcing stating that I owe a balance of $40 non-negotiable.

This is robbery. I haven't used any T-Mobile service for over 7 months and when I did use the network their coverage was awful.

I can't believe i'm even dealing with a debt-collection agency. Robbery all in the name of keeping a good credit score.

I was called about 1 week ago about an electric bill with TXU energy at an address I do not reside at and all explnation that I don't live in the said address fell on deaf ears.

How does this agency run amock with no control?

I received a letter from Convergent saying I owe $524.36 to Centurylink, who I currently have an account with, and Centurylink says I have a zero balance. They ran my social security and again there is a zero balance.

I tried calling these people and they refused to talk to me and said "write a letter." These people are nothing but a scam! and they need to be stopped!

I would love to help! They are harrassing me for a Dish account THEY canceled in error.

I only wanted it transferred and they stated I emailed them to cancel it AFTER I called to put it on hold. It is their error, not mine. Not paying the 167 balance!

Could not rehook up as they collected equipment already and it's $400 to reconnect. I have since gone with someone else better!

I have reported them to the FTC, and the Texas Attorney General's Office. They collect zombie, old debts past the Statute of Limitations, and illegal debts.

We need to get everyone to report this company, they continue to change names such as Convergent Outsourcing now. REPORT THEM...

I also have received a letter that I owe the money where I do not recall and all my bills are current. I tried to call but the phone is always busy and that was before reading all of these negative posting on that agency.

Please advise what to do. Should i call or write, or just ignore.

My husband and I recieved a collection on our credit report stating that we owed them money from a delinquent account from DISH network. When we call, we verified that it was not his account and that there was a possible identity theft issue.

They refused to help us resolve it. We wanted them to write a simple letter stating that the account names and socials don't match. But they said that it was "again policy" to write a simple letter. We've filed a police report, a complaint with the attorney general, the BBB, disputed it with DISH and two of the three credit bureaus and knowing this they still refused.

We are now using attorneys through pre-paid legal to help us resolve this.

If they do not comply, I'm going to file a lawsuit and go to the media to expose them. I wonder if they are part of a ID theft ring with all these complaints about them that I've found.