I moved and left a small overdue amount when I closed my account with Time Warner Cable.In a letter I received today, Convergent claims that I owe three times the original amount and they were willing to settle for half of that.
Please! So I called TWC to pay the original balance. Convergent lied about the amount I owed. Imagine if I'd gone ahead and paid it.
Always go to the original provider before you give these vampires anything. The scam was obvious in my case, but maybe it isn't always apparent.
Someone at Convergent might have made a decent commission if I'd fallen for this.Tough luck.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Debt Collection
- Review category
- Collection Agencies
- Review rating
- 2 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Yes, the headline is true. Midland illegally called me on my cellphone 113 times (I told them to quit 53 times). I owe nothing to them or anybody..."
- "We rec'd a nasty letter saying my grandmother owed Bradford Exchange company $50. I have never in my life seen such a nasty letter. We are not sure if she..."
- "On the 30th on June, my fiancé and I were relieved that we were able to pay off the rest of our furniture within the 90 day period. We had..."
- "Please read the attached document. This is pretty scary Discover Card isn't even mentioned in the complaint. Only GE Capital Retail Money Bank and Pay Pal Smart Connect. Why does..."
- "This is what is happening in America today. "Corporate America" has taken over. The state and federal agencies have helped them do this. You will see from the two documents..."
- "I called in May 2016 regarding a rate of 3.5% on a 30 year fixed, no closing costs. "Oh, you own a rental property that is 100% paid for,..."
- "I am beyond fed up with the us cellular! It's the biggest rip off I have ever come across! Your data plan/s/ are ridiculous, and full of lies. It is..."
- "Aloha, Not sure about all Domino's Pizza but the one in Ewa Beach has know real method of how they top their pizza. I recently order a large three topping..."
- "My wife came to me complaining that there was a hard object in her dress strap, "she guessed maybe it's a wire or something" ? Guess..."